In this article we’ve looked all possible options to get rid of stains, and we assure you that ugly white stains on your brick walls will be a thing of the past! If you live in a brick house or have concrete tiles in your garden or front yard, you must be familiar with this problem. These stains appear after some time, looks like a white scale or efflorescence marks on them and this isn’t easily removed. At least, that’s what you might think. With these options we’ve got for you in this article, is to eliminate those white stains for good even before you know it. This simple household solution is amazing!
What Causes the Stains?
The limescale deposits that appear on brick after some time it often takes on a white colour. This gives your home or patio a rather messy look and that’s probably not what you’re looking for.
- Natural deposits: These are the real culprit for these efflorescences, so it’s hard to prevent.
- Rainwater: When comes into contact with the brick or tile and the natural elements it contains, the lime starts to stain white. You won’t be able to remove it entirely, but it is possible to reduce the white stains. Here’s how you do it.
The Cleaning Process
The first thing you need to do is thoroughly clean the bricks or tiles.
- First, you need to vacuum the tiles or bricks with your vacuum cleaner. This way, you’ll get rid of all the dust and loose filth that’s on there.
- Second, take out a dishpan or bucket and fill it with warm water and dish soap. Use this to clean the bricks or tiles with. Make sure you’re really scrubbing vigorously!
- Third, use a floor wiper to wipe away the excess water.
And now it’s time for the real trick. Its time to fight those ugly white stains!
- Get another (clean) bucket and fill it with warm water as well.
- Add about 300 millilitres of bleach to the water.
- Pour this mixture over the white stains on the brick or tiles.
- Next, let it sit and soak for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Take a broom and use this to scrub your brick wall or tiled patio clean.
- When the tiles are entirely clean, you can wipe away the water using the floor wiper and then dry the tiles with an old towel.
And that’s how you get rid of stains on brick walls like a pro!